BARBADOS NATIONAL ARMOURY MUSEUM
St Ann’s Fort (originally called St Ann’s Castle) was built in 1705 and was named after Her Majesty Queen Ann. It is currently the home of the Headquarters of Barbados Defence Force and the Barbados Regiment.
The Barbados National Armoury Museum is also located at St Ann’s Fort in an old naval powder magazine located on its premises. This museum was opened in 2004 and is home to world’s largest collection of 17th century English iron cannons. Among this collection is the Commonwealth Cannon of 1652, one of only two that are known to still exist.
The Armoury Museum also houses a depiction of the signing of the Charter of Barbados in 1652 at the Mermaid Tavern. Also on display is a large and impressive collection of artillery, illustrations, and artifacts of historic military significance.
Guided tours are conducted weekly by the Barbados Garrison Historical Consortium Inc on appointment only.