Anniversary of the Presentation of the new Colours to the Barbados Regiment
The new Colours of the Barbados Regiment were presented by Her Royal Highness, The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowden on 28 February 1981 at a ceremony on the Garrison Savannah. At that ceremony the Colours were consecrated by the Rt Rev Drexel Gomez, Chairman of the Barbados Council of Churches and Anglican Bishop of Barbados.
Anniversary of the Commissioning of the Barbados Coast Guard
|Anniversary of the Presentation of the Colours to the Barbados Regiment
The Barbados Volunteer Force was reconstituted and renamed the Barbados Regiment in 1948. The Colours were presented to the Regiment by The Princess Royal on 23 February 1953 on the Garrison Savannah. When the Defence Act was proclaimed on 15 August 1979, the Regiment became the Reserve Infantry Unit of the Barbados Defence Force. The Colours of the old Regiment were marched off parade at the first Parade of the Barbados Defence Force on 23 February 1980 and laid up at St Matthias Church.